6 Ways to Prevent Frozen Pipes
Below zero temperatures are heading to Greensburg and the entire Westmoreland County this weekend. Here are some tips on ways to help prevent frozen pipes.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warmer air to reach plumbing/pipes.
- Keep all garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night, making sure it is never below 55 degrees F.
- Allow the faucet to drip if it is served by pipes on an exterior wall. Running water through the pipe can help prevent pipes from freezing.
- Make arrangements to have a neighbor check on your home during a cold spell if you are out of town.
- Turn the water off at the main if you know you will be away for an extended period of time.
Stay warm neighbors, and remember SERVPRO of Greensburg is here for any water and/or fire emergencies you may have! Our emergency restoration technicians are available 24 hours a day.