Westmoreland County 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Greensburg is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 724-837-8830
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Greensburg has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Greensburg
SERVPRO of Greensburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Washing Machine Leaks Require Urgent Water Removal In Westmoreland Homes
Water removal services are essential for anyone who has had a significant water leak in their home. The laundry room inside your home can be struck with significant water damage when your washer begins to gush water. A water-supply line can become detached and began to flood the carpeted room with water at a quick pace. By the time you noticed, the water has covered the floor, and it is beginning to leak into the rest of your home. Turning off the water in your home is essential at this point, but you can't call a plumber right away, if there is too much water.
It is imperative for you to call for a Westmoreland based water removal service as fast as possible. Getting professionals onto the scene to remove the excess water allows you to get an appliance service expert in faster. Until the water-supply line is fixed, you can't turn the water back on, or else the problem can begin all over again.
When you reach out to SERVPRO of Greensburg, we make an effort to travel to your home as quickly as possible because we understand how stressful the situation is. Once we arrive, we can launch right into removing the excess water from your home. At SERVPRO, we use advanced trade technology to do our jobs, ensuring that qualified technicians and proper equipment restore your home.
We use industrial-quality wet/dry vacuums to remove the water as fast as possible. SERVPRO uses these particular devices because they can remove large volumes of water swiftly. If the volume of water is significant enough, we can even bring truck-mounted tools to do the job.
After removing the majority of the water from your laundry room, SERVPRO can use extractors on your carpeted floor. Extractors are like wet/dry vacuums but designed for drying carpets, upholstery, and drapes. A heating element warms the fabric as it pulls moisture from it, drying it as it extracts water.
Once the water has been adequately cleaned up, SERVPRO will place the proper drying equipment and monitor until all affected areas are dry.
When water damage strikes your home, always get help right away. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Greensburg by phoning (724)837-8830. Our techs are always prepared to help as soon as possible.
6 Ways to Prevent Frozen Pipes
Below zero temperatures are heading to Greensburg and the entire Westmoreland County this weekend. Here are some tips on ways to help prevent frozen pipes.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warmer air to reach plumbing/pipes.
- Keep all garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night, making sure it is never below 55 degrees F.
- Allow the faucet to drip if it is served by pipes on an exterior wall. Running water through the pipe can help prevent pipes from freezing.
- Make arrangements to have a neighbor check on your home during a cold spell if you are out of town.
- Turn the water off at the main if you know you will be away for an extended period of time.
Stay warm neighbors, and remember SERVPRO of Greensburg is here for any water and/or fire emergencies you may have! Our emergency restoration technicians are available 24 hours a day.
Tips to Prevent Water Damage
1. Ensure Good Drainage
- Clean you gutters and repair if sagging occurs.
- Direct downspouts 5-10 ft. away from the house.
- Inspect your gutters' capacity - after 15 min. of heavy rain, if water overflows the gutters, install additional downspouts.
- Adjust landscaping and irrigation so that water flows away from the foundation.
2. Test Your Sump Pump
- Run your sump pump every few months and clean it annually before the rainy season.
- Prevent backflow of sanitary sewer water by installing backflow valves and standpipes at all basement drain locations, including sinks and toilets.
3. Fix Water Leaks
- Repair any noticeable dripping pipes & check for dark spots under pipes and on ceilings.
- Repair any cracked caulking.
- Inspect the roof for missing, lose or damaged shingles.
Prepare your basement "just in case" by raising your washer, dryer, water heater, oil tank, furnace, all electrical wiring and personal items above typical water backup levels.
Fantastic Tips from houselogic: National Association of Realtors