The Dos and Don'ts of Fire Damage
Flames roaring, smoke billowing from windows, lights and sirens blaring…
In other words: a property owner's nightmare. Dealing with a fire can be incredibly demanding and frustrating. Not only do you have to worry about structural damage but also the clean-up and restoration of your property. Skip the stress and call SERVPRO of Greensburg, the locally owned, operated, and trusted leader in fire damage restoration. We are open 24/7 and our highly trained technicians are always prepared to make your fire and smoke damage look "Like it never even happened." Although we are faster to any size disaster, we suggest you follow these “Dos” and “Don’ts” before we arrive at your home or business:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into the carpet.
- Keep hands clean to limit soot spread.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances. After wiping down, these surfaces can be protected with a light coating of lubricant.
- Change the HVAC filter, but leave the system off until a trained professional has inspected it.
- Watch for any slip, trip, or fall hazards created by the fire.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Consume food or beverages that may have been stored close to the fire, heat, or water.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or sagging.
We are proud to have had the opportunity to serve Greensburg and its surrounding areas since 2004. If you require assistance, please call us at (724) 837-8830!