Planning a Vacation?
SERVPRO of Greensburg wants to give Homeowners/Renters some guidance regarding planning your vacation. It is important to be aware of what to do in your home before leaving for your vacation. This is to protect your home from burglary and protect from internal damage.
- Have a close friend or neighbor be checking your home daily
- Provide this contact with emergency contact names and numbers
- It is Leave porch light on
- Cancel mail or have it collected daily
- Leave written information on alarm codes
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages
- Check smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply or appliances
- Turn off water valves to washing machine, sinks and dishwasher
- Adjust you thermostat to 75-80 – should help with control usage
If something unforeseen occurs from weather, SERVPRO of Greensburg is always available to help. We can be reached 24/7 at (724)837-8830.
Following these tips will put your mind at ease so that you can have a fantastic vacation!!!